Monday, January 23, 2006

Stuff Rollin’ Round My Mind (and some fun with pictures)

There are so many things I would like to blog about right now. But I can’t blog about all of them, so I guess I will just write a little about each of my thoughts. Sound like a deal?













1. Let’s start with the most important: the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl! After beating the #1, #2, and #3 seeds (all on the road) the Steelers are going to their sixth Super Bowl in team history. I am looking forward to watching the game with my dad. My prediction: Steelers by 10. By the way, they are playing the Seattle Seahawks – but obviously that doesn’t really matter. What matters is the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl!

2. On a related note, you may have seen Maria’s comment about the Steelers fan who actually did have a heart attack last week during the Colts game. I think at least 3 or 4 people emailed me this article. This is why my dad can’t watch the games – he has to tape them. Just too stressful. This is my future…but not the heart attack hopefully...










3. Last week I had a birthday (so did Brooke) - #26 to be exact. At some point last week Brooke pointed out that my first quarter is over. Maybe at some point I will blog some about my “first quarter.” Of course, I may not actually live to 100 but I like the idea of “the first quarter.”












4. I’ve read a bunch of books lately. I had a lot of time to read over Christmas and since then I have read a couple more books as well. Hopefully at some point I will have a chance to blog about some of these books – particularly Revolution and A Churchless Faith. There has been lots of discussion online about Revolution (here and here in particular - a $5 prize to the person who finds my comment in one of these discussions). This is the book Brooke made me wait for until Christmas. Anyways, it brought about some good thought but annoyed me in some ways. A Churchless Faith on the other hand was incredibly thought-provoking and so enlightening (I've already talked about it with many people and recommended it to a couple). Anyways, I didn’t mean to go on about these books at this point – maybe more later.

5. If you haven’t had a chance yet, you should check out the discussion going on concerning my “Paradigm Shifts #2” post. The discussion has definitely been much better than my actual post. I think Eric (mr. The Durbin Family) brings up some great questions. I am planning for my next post to be a response to some of these comments (a “Paradigm Shifts #2.5” post, I guess).

6. I don’t really have a number six.

7. I am very thankful for the great people I work with at Baylor (Larry being one who is also a blogging friend. You should check out his site, and encourage him to abandon Xanga!). It’s fun to work with people you like and people you can laugh with – and I’m not just writing this because they happen to read this blog…really…

8. I’m glad some of you did realize that the people I tagged on this post were not real! I’m also glad that some people weren’t quite sure! You should know I don't have very many friends. Most of my friends are actually imaginary. Cindy is my favorite imaginary friend.










9. I’m going to be a Daddy – like, for real. Or at least that's what they're telling me...













10. I am really enjoying this CD by Derek Webb (Brooke gave it to me for my b-day). In fact I would be listening to it right now if Brooke hadn't stolen it and not put it back where it belongs!

11. I'm going to go eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. What are you going to do?

6 comments:

Rishi said...

That's a picture of a Diddy, not a Daddy.

Big difference - which you will soon experience.

hoesayfina said...

Well, maybe he wants to be called "Diddy" instead of Daddy.

Sealka said...

Oops - I have the CD in my bag. I'll bring it home today! (I just borrowed it to put it on my computer at work - I wasn't trying to steal Adam's new birthday present).

Adam you had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner last night?? We have so much food to choose from in our fridge, freezer and pantry! Why do I stock up on good stuff from HEB if you're just going to make a PB&J sandwich? ;)

Great post. Thanks for making me laugh. I especially like #6. That is SO you.

Amy said...

Yeah, it took me a minute to figure out the Diddy thing. (I think Adam's not quite up to speed with Diddy's latest name transformation. How uncool.)

Adam, the man is no longer called Puff Daddy, or Sean "Puffy" Combs, or P. Diddy. He's now just Diddy. I learned this by watching the Martha Stewart show. What a strange world...

But I agree with Maria. I totally think your child should call you "Diddy" instead of Daddy. Whew! It makes me laugh just to think about it!

mr. The Durbin Family said...

Adam, you are hilarious. I laughed aloud for a solid 10 seconds at least three times while reading this post; it may have even been four times. I think #6 got me for like 18 seconds, and even prompted to me to call over anyone around to read it. It’s not as funny if the reader doesn’t quite know you, but it still got some chuckles. I am still snickering.

On another note, I am dying to meet Cindy.

It doesn’t bother me that you don’t keep up with the Diddy status of Sean Combs. The way I see it, if he doesn’t want “Puff Daddy” anymore, it’s yours for the taking. I am currently calling myself “Prince” since the artist formerly known as such has made the noble transition to $^.

Way to go Steelers. I do, however, stand by my prediction that the Colts will win this year’s Super Bowl. (BTW, spellchecker did not recognize Superbowl; it suggested I use Superb Owl.)

I remember your dinners at Baylor oft consisting of 2-4 bowls of un-milk-ed, sugar-laced cereal. I find your PBJ option a vast improvement.

And to respectfully answer your final question, I am going to go patrol our freshman dormitories -- they are swarming with sugar-laced-cereal-eating students!

hoesayfina said...

i am glad that Eric comments. This stay-at-home mom with coughing and ferverish children needs some amusement. thanks for making me laugh out loud.

Search

Archives