Monday, April 16, 2007

Taking A Break From Serious Matters (everbody loves a contest, right?)

I will listen to the demands of my readers. You want a contest, you've got a contest.

In the spirit of "The Great Contest of June 2006," I offer you "The Great Contest About Some Random Person's Broken Arm, Which Took Place in April 2007 (the contest, not the broken arm)."

If you don't know what I am talking about, check out the comments from the previous post.

Here are the rules:

1 - Read the previous post.

2 - Dream up a wonderful story related to the broken arm picture (any length).

3 - Post your wonderful story on your blog (if you don't have a blog, you should start one. Or you can post your story in the comments section of this post).

4 - Post a comment on this post letting us know you have entered the contest.

5 - Post the story and comment by the end of the day on Friday, April 20.

6 - This weekend I will post again about this and we will have an open vote concerning who will win.

7 - If your name is Amy or Mary, you are required to participate.

8 - Know that I can break the rules at any time.

9 - Realize that this is quite serious.

10 - Do not vote in the comments of this post. I will post this weekend to open up the voting.

The winner is guaranteed much glory and honor.

Good luck.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I have posted my story on my blog. I think it's a winner.

I tried to link to it, but blogger wouldn't accept my HTML, even though it was entirely correct, thank you very much.

So, just go to my blog.
amykate1204.blogspot.com

Adam said...

Alright folks, Amy has set the bar high. Definitely check out her story - I love it.

I look forward to more - remember they can be any length (translation: you can do it in 20 seconds).

Mary said...

I haven't read Amy's yet, but I've posted my entry. It's at www.xanga.com/MaryZiehe. Now I'm going to go read Amy's, and see how bad it makes me feel about what I wrote. (JK)

A Marie said...

I just posted mine. Sorry it took me so long.

Very fun, Adam. Thanks. I'm off to read Mary's, as I've already Amy's and it was quite good.

angela

A Marie said...

Ok, I can't comment on Xanga for Mary's story, so here is my comment:

I disagree with Amy on one thing: The beauty of Mary's story is that we get to decide what he wants to ask her. I LOVE IT!

Adam said...

Thanks Angela! I'm off to read your entry and Mary's.

Search

Archives