Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thank you for coming to us


Sometimes when I'm holding Ivy, often while she is sleeping and when there is no one else around, I talk to her. Just a few words here and there. I don't know why and I don't usually think much of it. But just now I was watching Ivy sleep and realized that in these quiet moments I often say to her, "Thank you for coming to us." For some reason this struck me just now. Certainly she had no choice. I don't imagine that she was in some pre-existent place and chose us out of other potential parents (wouldn't that be strange?). I know more appropriately I should be thanking God, and I think indirectly I really am, but for some reason I think I will continue to say these words: "Thank you for coming to us Ivy. We are so glad you are here. We have waited so long for you. We love you so very much."

2 comments:

april. said...

what a lucky little girl for having you two!!

NoVA Dad said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations!

Search

Archives